KEEP AN EYE ON THIS PAGE AS WE UPDATE OUR VOLUNTEER JOBS AND NEEDS!!
We could not have this event without the support of a dedicated group of volunteers. Sign-up in advance to secure the job you want, or on the day of the event if you want to be part of the walk-in excitement.
Volunteer jobs cover all the main areas of the Festival of Flight and Fly-In. You do not have to be a pilot; all that is required is a volunteer spirit. Jobs involve standing, moving, driving, talking, observing, and directing. A brief description of the 2016 volunteer jobs we had, along with their time frames, are included below. We will update this information for 2017 as we continue our planning:
- Pancake Breakfast (7:30 AM – 11 AM Time Frame) – participate in preparations, cooking, serving, and clean-up for the world famous pancake breakfast. A true aviation tradition. Standing may be required.
- Ground Control (Select ANY Time Frame) includes flight line security, aircraft parking, radio communications, and aircraft registration – the busiest area of the event occurs on the taxiways. Your job may involve riding in golf carts (can’t beat that) or directing the movement of attendees around aircraft and across taxiways. Training will be provided, but involves lots of fun being around all the aircraft.
- Drivers (Select ANY Time Frame) must have a valid driver’s license. We need people to drive the shuttle tractors and various golf carts moving people and pilots around the grounds.
- Components of Flight (Select ANY Time Frame) include all those activities involved in getting attendees excited about aviation – the day will be full of presentations, demonstrations, and displays of many components of flight. Help with setup, moving of equipment, crowd control, and assisting the presenters. Plus, get to see some awesome presentations.
- Ask Me (Select ANY Time Frame) – the field setup is brand new, attendees have thousands of questions, so why not be part of the Ask Me team? Some will be stationed providing answers, while others will provide guided talks on-field or in shuttles moving around the two festivals. Not to worry, everyone will receive talking points and orientation. Perfect for people people.
- Operation Food and Thirst, help keep volunteers fed and happy (Select ANY Time Frame) – everyone volunteering their time needs food, snacks, and hydration. Be part of the team that prepares lunches and distributes food and water during the day. Oh yes, use of golf carts is a requirement to keep everyone happy.
- Field Set-Up (Don’t Select a Time Frame Below. Come Whenever You Can) – happening all day Friday. We need lots of bodies to help set-up. Help unrolling fences, setting up containers, tents, and tons of stuff from our on-site storage locations. Tons of help needed.
- Field Tear Down (Select 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM Time Frame) – all good things must come to an end, and we will need lots of bodies to help clean up Saturday evening. Help rolling fences, collecting containers, taking down tents, and moving everything to our on-site storage locations. Just like when the circus leaves town, we need bodies of all sizes and shapes. Then stick around for the Peanut Festival’s evening entertainment.
- Youth Area (Select ANY Time Frame) – work with young people on projects and activities designed to excite them about all things aviation.
- As Needed, You’re Flexible (Select ANY Time Frame) – our favorite volunteer category goes without a description. Help us by allowing you to be placed, where needed during your shift time. Flexibility required for yet to be determined needs.
Volunteer shift assignments are organized as follows:
- 7:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Ready to Volunteer? CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION (COMING SOON).