- Volunteers of all ages are welcome; volunteers under the age of 18 must have direct adult supervision, either a parent or the head of a volunteer group, e.g., CAP, Boy Scouts, etc.
- Volunteers must hold a valid driver’s license to operate any vehicle or machinery, including golf carts, at the Festival.
- Our volunteers are all identified by a special colored t-shirt.
- When you arrive, check in at the Volunteer tent. Maps, programs and t-shirts will be provided.
- A special parking area is available for the volunteer workers WHO SIGN UP IN ADVANCE. We will email you parking directions and necessary passes. Volunteers get in for free.
- We do everything we can to get you the job you want. Those who sign-up earliest have the best options. Please understand if we place you in an area other your first choice, but remember ALL areas are guaranteed to be fun.
Upon arrival, VOLUNTEERS WHO DRIVE IN AND HAVE SIGNED UP IN ADVANCE should follow directions to the Festival of Flight and Fly-In Volunteer Parking Area. YOU MUST HAVE A PARKING PASS to enter this area.
We will have a shuttle assigned to carry you from the parking area to the Volunteer tent where you can check-in in advance of your shift. When your shift time comes, you will be directed to the appropriate person who will coordinate your activities. Scheduling is much more efficient when we know who is planning to volunteer in advance.
During the day, our volunteers are welcome to use the Pancake Breakfast tent as a place where you can sit down, get out of the sun and rest.
We try to take care of the needs of volunteers with free lunches, snacks, drinks and lots of cold water, but don’t forget to bring anything else that you might need, such as:
- Clothing appropriate for the fall Suffolk weather (good luck with that)
- Sun screen, sunglasses, insect repellent and a hat
- Any necessary medications